Oct 11, 2011

Holding On

The clasp surrounds my neck; he should have been here.
There are questions and answers lingering beside me.
His wondering eyes dampened with pearls.
Still, into the red , I emerge inside infectious romance.
I have fought in his blood; my ankles hold massive ringlets.
Does he not see the agonizing debates I am fighting.
The one which causes the strongest to break down and sigh.
And every day, our lungs are exploding, yet this is level one.
My mind flutters to heaven for relief. There will be better days.
Yes, there will be love for this woman. I have expectations that surpass,
those following his compass. So the harmony I listen to.
I, the giver to his taking because I cannot stop loving him.
His lips have truth; I have heard them before.
Although, he is a self serving man; I see the flip side of the coin.
He doesn't turn around for any woman. It is my name, my name that
takes the pearls away. And his clasp surrounds my neck in each embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment