Mar 9, 2012

Numb To Me



As if I'm numb, I hear the echoes of pain,
they're trying to dungeon my violent wails,
trumping in medieval riddles,  pale unicorns
leaping ,singing violins singing as iron armor rescue me,


I run through the demon forest, shadows approaching,
strumming a guitar in the daylight of spring,
as I footprint quietly back into fantasy's haven,
tugging for the matrimonial comforter like a plush cloud,


I feel you. I do... creeping within my perimeters,
voodoo silence bringing unholy dreams to my door,
I harness the panic in black, this manic in bleak white,
crawling on all fours towards the swirling light,


In the nic of time, you have come, before the grotesque occurs.
It's a very dark evening. A harsh adult is about to be born.
I sulk at the pregnant sun. My nipples poke fun at the sheer gown.
I am not numb. I hear the echoes of pain.

jhp©2011-2012

2 comments:

  1. OH my stars!!! This was amazing... deep... extremely talented work... I feel in love with this. They way you expressed such a subject and the words you choose pulled me in! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMHS, I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED THIS PIECE AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL ENJOY MORE TO COME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. YOUR COMMENT IS LOVELY AND HUMBLES MY SPIRIT. TY!

    ReplyDelete