Apr 30, 2012

Speechless

What is there to say
when words get in the way

so we've come to conclude
like an legendary odd couple

a desperate room filled with them
you hear murmurs and then-nothing

quiet is our worse enemy
in it, I see our eternal night

however, the stutterer tries
 he or she utters until it comes out right

have we become strangely mute?
unwilling to walk into our room

speak from under caged ribs
and wish for a response--if any

words..words... I don't need them
they need us to manifest our feelings

I'm not weak, just strong enough to know
words can harm or help

I'd rather demonstrate what we need
I'll stutter until you understand what I mean

and hopefully there will be a positive return
when love is given without using one word
jhp©2011-2012
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete