Oct 15, 2013

Asleep (1)


I was asleep at least
I thought I was
it was nothing out of the
ordinary, a common dream

I was dreaming
I was sleeping peacefully
at least I thought I was

Out of no where
the flick switched
who changed my channel
from a regular show
to absolute terror

he stood inside my bedroom
the grim reaper
I sat up in my bed,
eyes wide open

I was asleep
at least I thought I was
  
I didn't move, he didn't move
I had never been so scared in
my life, I said out loud
"please give me one more chance
to make things right!"

heavy breathing, heart pounding,
blood pressure off the scale
I felt for sure I was on my way to hell

I was asleep
at least I thought I was

the reaper left
the horror diminished
I cut on the lights
I was finished...
sleeping for the night

at least I thought I was?! 

jhp ©2008-2009






1 comment: