Dec 27, 2013

Maybe I'm Overdoing It?


There are one hundred and one, I counted them until
I lost count like sheep sleeping on top bunk Baaah, Baaah…
It's out there in the air, tapping me on the shoulder
jumping up and down on my bad back, riding me until I give up
How often I've spotted the infer red beam, crossing my path,
interesting on the outside yet, dangerous on the inside.
More like a deer looking into bright headlights. I'm caught off
guard, caught up in its charm. Somebody save me. Sighs…

This instant, I would settle for bad sex, like drinking 
instant coffee. It just doesn't do it for me.  But coffee 
is coffee. Once I thought if I colored my hair my surroundings 
would change also. It really didn't work. The moon remained the 
same. There were no shooting comets on a starry night. 
Bah, rumpa, bum, bum. Imagine the depth of my destruction as 
I repeated this ritual. Until I finally admitted it wasn't the 
right approach. What a bummer.

For once I would like for us to swiftly meet between breakfast 
and lunch. We could make a day of it, perhaps a lifetime. 
The Genie in the bottle kind. Pop! At this point, I'll take a crock pot 
stew as we gradually simmer together. It would be nice, so very 
nice to be able to see what I would be getting.
It would feel good to seem normal without a second guess.
I'd have my better half. But, the truth is I'd still be missing 
something. I'm at war with myself. How so, a lovely, single lady 
like me. Its overrated. I'm underrated. We don't fit!
Than why do I feel guilty when I hear the red robins tweet, 
tweet in the tree? I'll get back to it. I'm on to the next project.


jhp©2013

No comments:

Post a Comment