Jan 23, 2014

As We Fade

As my voice fades like night fall,

do not boast to the sun gods.

For I have only seen the white clouds

with scales across my eyes.

On an average day, like the normal me

am I a part of your memory?

An error you cannot escape,

O' remorse is a cold night ache,

a toe tag on a crescent sky.

But, I promised us there would be no lies

and hunger for woe.

Yet, this dry accord is what I know

as it twists and tugs at our harp strings.

We cannot be saved by our brutal screams

when our spots are known; our fantasy has

gone inside vanishing autumn.

Well then, shall we bind our pieces and

discard them like glass upon vacant ground.

I am very much okay…

Do not attempt to comfort me!

It is only the amnesia settling into space.

The hollow drip in my ear telling me

I loved. I loved.
 
jhp©2011-2012

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment