Jun 25, 2014

As You Leave


Ever so often, the ocean will chase the shore.
And the autumn wind will shake the tree bare
as leafs are scattered everywhere.
These sights made me want to smell the
Scent of you after a long day. And sit and talk
with you about tomorrow. I simply needed to
steal our moment.  So I begin to think of ways
to steal what belongs in my heart. Like recording
your voice in a song, putting our photo in a
air proof frame. Our faces would never go away.
I needed to say more than "I love you forever
and always."  When you left home, I went and all I had
to gathered some of your  things: a tooth brush,
worn out jacket and smelly socks. Would you believe I
collected everything I could fit in a box. But, sadly I was
chasing a lost.  You promised to call me every night
on the phone but I didn't hold my breath. I simply took
a deep one and gathered myself. And bowed my head in
prayer.  One day I feel you will miss me as much.
If I stood in your way I'd be like the rain. You wouldn't
be able shine and show me how much you've grown.
And like the waves going out to sea and leafs growing
back on the trees you will return to me when it's time.
My arms will be open wide to welcome you in love.

 jhp©2011-2012 





No comments:

Post a Comment